Privacy & Cookies Policy
1. Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, their name, email address, and phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
2. Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about the User’s means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system, the Internet service providers utilized, and other similar information.
3. Web browser cookies
1. Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
- You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
3. More about our Cookies
3.1 Website Function Cookies
a. Our own cookies
- Remembering your search settings
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
b. Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
c. Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
d. Visitor Statistics Cookies
3.2 Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.
3.3 How we use collected information
The Community may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site: We may need User information to display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve personal service: Information Users provide helps us respond to their inquiries, requests, and communications, and to support their needs more efficiently.
- To personalize the User’s experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback Users provide to improve our services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other Site feature: We may send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use Users’ email addresses to send them information and updates pertaining to the Community. They may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
3.4 How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information and data stored on our Site.
3.5 Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our Community and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes, provided that you have given us your permission.
3.6 Electronic newsletters
If a User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include Community news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, or the User may contact us via our Site. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our Community and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes, provided that you have given us your permission.
3.7 Third-party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
5. Your acceptance of these terms
III. Contacting us
This document was last updated on 03 October 2020