the Pastoral Zone of Leuven
The International Community of Sint Kwinten is part of the Pastoral Zone of Leuven aan de Dijle, inaugurated in February 2017.
Why a Pastoral Zone?
The pastoral care of the zone is entrusted to a number of bodies, each with specific input:
Zone team (zoneploeg): defines the vision and coordinates the development of the zone and includes:
- the appointed priests and lay pastoral workers: Pater Ger-Jan Bruins, OSA, Pater Dominique Vandebergh, SDB, Pater Dirk De Vis, MSC, Pater Juan Carlos Tinjaca, SSCC, and pastoral workers Hans Homblé and John Steffen;
- the appointed coordinators of each of the four pastoral fields and a secretary: Mai Wevers (catechesis), Dominique Michaux (Evangelization), Deacon Marc Michiels (diakonia), Jos Binnard (temporal goods and communications), and Rita Merckx (secretary).
Zone council (zoneraad): a body with advisory powers, consisting of:
- the members of the zone team,
- delegates from each local faith community,
- co-opted members who have an important contribution to make to this consultation.